Sunday, July 27, 2008

Yesterday, I was a Liar.

I went and got all bloggy about how we are here and it is official and blah de blah but I completely jumped the gun, folks. I forgot The Most Defining Factor in all this relocating: Neil's playoff beard!

The Playoff Beard, or Neil's at least, began months ago. The original deal was that he would shave it when we closed on 1475. It became a monster, really. He looked very religious. He looked a bit overzealous. He also looked like he was ready to drink any Kool-Aid that was passed his way.

There was a small attempt at management, once. He went to a barber who trimmed the beard up pretty nice but botched up the haircut in such a way that I think my career is pretty much secure. It's clippers with a guard, barber guy. are you drunk? is it that you aren't drunk? what gives? cos it's beyond me.

so the hair....all of the hair....it grew. and it grew past the close date in SF. Then it grew past the close date in Denver. but today we found the clippers as we unpacked and i am happy to announce that i now recognize the guy i married almost one whole year ago.

join me for a photographic account of the metamorphosis, won't you?

before:
and i helped!




gross!
grosser!

then we took it outside for my turn to have at it.
this is my interpretation of the Caesar:

but more importantly, this in my interpretation of Neil's dome:
he looks good, huh? it's good to have him back.


No comments: